For your first appointment call:0191 263 6200
Paul Dodds Law need a Conveyancing Assistant. Your role will be to assist the conveyancing team in meeting the needs of the department and firm.
Your duties will include file opening and closing, post-completion Land Registry work, dealing with routine correspondence and some telephone contact with clients, lenders and estate agents.
A full job description is shown below.
This is a permanent position. It can be full-time or part-time (mornings or afternoons each weekday).
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Working with colleagues in a professional, responsive and supportive way in order to meet the needs of the department. This will include, but is not limited to,:
- Prompt preparation and distribution of accurate correspondence and documents using a range of software packages
- Ensuring that copies of correspondence and documents are saved and filed appropriately to aid reference and retrieval
- Scheduling and organising appropriate tasks
- Preparation and updating of spreadsheets and databases.
- Preparation of new files
- Complete payment forms
- Prepare invoices
Work Competencies and Behaviours Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised and the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-motivate and able to work on own initiative
- High standard of discretion, accuracy and attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity with ability to manage confidential information
- A team player who works constructively and collectively with colleagues
- Secretarial/administrative experience
- Experience of working in a service excellence environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- IT literate with the ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Must have conveyancing knowledge and experience