What is Mediation?
- A voluntary process to help separated or separating couples to resolve disputes relating to children or financial matters
- Mediation has been proven to be cheaper, faster and more effective than court proceedings
- Mediation offers a safe and professional environment to have a discussion and not an argument with an impartial mediator present
- Parties will make their own decisions about their future and that of their children
- The modern, practical and cost effective option
Mediation is not…..
- Counselling or therapy
- An excuse for not addressing the real issues to be addressed and resolved
Paul Dodds Law no longer offers mediation. You can find a mediator near where you live on the website of the Family Mediators Association.
A family mediator can help sort out your problems in an impartial way and the results can be very positive. Participants often can't believe the progress that has been made.Julie Hodge